There are three core functions which guide us:
And these are reflected in Ofsted’s inspection criteria as follows:
- We set the vision, ethos and strategic direction of the school, engaging stakeholders, and ensuring statutory duties are met;
- We hold the head teacher to account for teaching, achievement, behaviour and safety; challenging and strengthening leadership; contributing to school self-evaluation; and
- We ensure the financial solvency and probity with effective management of financial resources, including the Pupil Premium, to raise standards.
We are also responsible for specific actions such as:
- Ensuring that there is a procedure in place for handling complaints
- Approving the school budget
- Appointing the headteacher and headteacher pay
- Ensuring that provision is in place to support vulnerable pupils
- Making sure school buildings are welcoming and safe.
We currently have a vacancy for a Co-opted Governor. This is an exciting time to join the Hove Learning Federation as a Co-opted school governor. In September 2021 West Hove Infant School and Hove Junior School governing boards federated and in January 2022 we co-located two of our sites to create a through primary learning journey for all our children. We are a committed and passionate group of volunteers and there is plenty of training and mentoring for new and existing governors. To find out more please visit: HLF governor vacancy