Welcome to the governors’ pages, we hope that they give you a clearer sense of what we do, who we are and how you can get in contact with us.
Who are we and what do we do?
The governors, using experience from various backgrounds, work closely with Mrs Harkness and her team to provide the very best opportunities for learning and development that we can for all children at the school. Our governing board is made up of thirteen governors, including staff, parents and other members of the local community.
Our responsibilities include:
- Determining the strategic direction for the school
- Setting and monitoring the school’s aims and policies
- Monitoring how the school’s budget is spent.
We welcome the input of parents and the local community more broadly
Whilst acknowledging our duty as governors to ensure that children receive a quality education, we recognise that learning does not start and end at the school gate. We recognise that a child’s family, friends and members of the broader community all play their role in educating the next generation. We encourage you all to get involved with the school in whatever way you can, including
- Becoming a member of the PTA
- Attending our Summer Fair
- Volunteering your time in the classroom
- Taking part in our weekly lottery fundraiser
- Sharing your views and ideas at Parent Council meetings; held each term, open to all
- Or becoming a governor yourself
If you would like to know more about our work as governors or would like to contact us please do get in touch. You can find our contact details in the When and how to contact us section.
Very best wishes